What are the steps in developing this Plan?
- Identify key issues and what people in Fairford most value and want to preserve i.e. through discussions, questionnaires (by end of November this year) and from the previous Community Plan produced in 2014
- Consult widely on the objectives and priorities based on community feedback from previous discussions, questionnaires etc
- Develop initial Plan proposals, including a ‘vision’, objectives and options
- Public consultation on this (involving residents, businesses, Local Authority (CDC) and other bodies)
- Develop draft Neighbourhood Plan including policies
- Screening by Local Authority and revision as necessary
- Pre-submission consultation
- Finalisation and submission to Independent Examination (target Dec 2016)
When approved by the Referendum, the Neighbourhood Plan will then be formally adopted and become part of the Cotswold District Council Local Plan.